Saturday, July 10, 2010

11/07/2010

I thought I should share with the world something that happen to me a few days ago because I feel that it's time to tell people this.



I lost my cellphone on Thursday.




Feels so much better after letting that out, phew!



I feels like such an irresponsible father, to loose my cellphone without even realising it a day later because that's how often I use my phone, it can be ignored for days and even after days of ignoring it, the number of messages or miss calls I will recieved is very high up in the zeros.


What's worse is that the phone is pretty huge, in both size and price, so all the time I was thinking the chances of actually having the phone slip out of my pocket and not realising it, that is just not possible, in fact, that was just what I was thinking of Thursday in the bus where I dropped my phone, that it would be impossible for me to loose my phone without realising it dropped from my pocket.



It did....starting to hate you Murphy's Law. Well, I have hated Mr Murphy for a while now, so the hatred just got a lil deeper.



Chances of having someone in the bus giving the cellphone to the Bus Driver is also very unlikely, as someone who only purchase gorgeous phones, it's impossible not to have someone see the phone and not keep it, it's so precious it can only be destroyed in Mount Doom. 70% of the kids in the bus were primary school kids and I don't trust them I remember one stupid kick who was seated behind me was so busy jumping up and down on his chair I thought he was dry humping my seat.


I tried calling the damn phone a few times because I thought I might have misplaced it at home, which till now I am still thinking it might be somewhere in this house, hiding in a place where only hamsters will hide, before getting squashed by their owner's butt, but the stupid phone's battery only last for a day or 2 tops. Stupid battery life... so annoying. Worse thing is my Twitter and Facebook account is synced with that damn phone, so if anyone were to their hands on it, buy a charger and charge up my phone, they will have access to my Twitter and Facebook account, and my email too. As if getting my Aion account hacked didn't make me feel dirty enough, now I am going to feel like a geeky whore, feel so dirty.



When a person looses their cellphone in let's say the United States, they are actually able to call their service provider like AT&T and send an activation to their phone to completely disable their phone via the IMEI code, but in Singapore, all you can do is make a police report and hope that the person who took your phone sells it to a shop, have the shop alert the police and have the police catch the guy who sold your phone to pay a fine to the police and probably write you a 100 word long apology letter.


It's like a win win situation isn't it, the police gets money on your expense and you get a crappy apology letter of sorts. *thumbs up*



I am probably gonna get a new phone to feed my hunger of getting new phones, and this is an extremely good excuse to get a new phone, so thumbs up on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment