Friday, June 24, 2011

Hello~ Mainland.

Time to rewrite my first blog post pre-NS confinement period, was a little tired to write a proper post last night.



18 days have come and gone, I won't say it went past in a blink of an eye because the longest camp I've been to is only 5 days long and that made me very homesick. Amazingly NS didn't make me as homesick as I thought, but dreaming about Universal Studios Singapore at night in Tekong and waking up to the double decker bed I'm sleeping is a very huge turn off.



Whereas in normal 3 days 2 nights camp situations, counting down is very easy because the countdown is very straightforward, but for NS, my countdown had to be broken down into various parts, first was the countdown to the single digit days left, which meant counting down to the 9 days left mark, and from that became the countdown to the 7 days mark because that meant only a week left, followed by the 5 days mark and finally the 3 days mark. I probably did a lot more breakdowns in my countdown, but I'm a little lazy to write it all down.



Managed to make some friends there, but none I can really count as a "go to friend", like someone I will automatically go to when I need someone to speak to, I'm still pretty much in unfamiliar territory in that part of the army.


This is assumed, but I think I managed to put on 3 kg in the army in just 3 weeks, thats a lot for someone who only gained any weight because his legs decided to grow off into the distance.



As of right now, I'm spending my free time very wisely by using the laptop as much as I can and stuffing junk food into my mouth. First thing I bought yesterday was 2 cups of bubble tea, 5 curry puffs and 6 pieces of those chinese candy thats wrap with chopped peanuts and rice skin, half of which I gave my Mum. Bubble tea tasted delicious, for a junk food enthusiast, being devoid of any junk food for 17 days is sheer torture. I was thinking about junk food the entire time in the army, its just weird for someone who has such a thin frame.


Alas the worst is over, for now. I see the 18 days as the worst because I thought I would only be stuck there for 12 days or at most 14, not 18 bloody days. The good thing about being stuck in there for 18 days is the next few booking outs will arrive so much faster compared to the first one, that is yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment