Saturday, June 26, 2010

27/06/2010

It's pretty late now and tomorrow is the last day of my holiday, technically tomorrow is the start of the new term but since I have not gone to bed yet, I shall just lie to myself.


Very much not looking forward to it. Seated right in front, the tables are arranged in such a 2 by 2 manner, and it's like the 4 tables in front belong to me because my friends are all seated behind me. I am seated at that spot to shield my classmates from the lecturer's spit, like a meat shield.


I can't move because if I do, I am going to look like a loner, seating all by myself at one corner, the empty table is literally at the corner of the room. I am already pretty much a loner now, sitting at the front with my friends sitting behind me is like a pretense, I don't speak to all my mates that are seated behind me, I am only speaking to 2 of them and there are about 5 seated there.



It's not that they don't speak to me, just to be clear, I am not speaking to them.



There's no animosity going on, but with some people, there's really no common topic to talk about. If you try to start a conversation it will just end really quickly, the awkwardness will last longer than the actual conversation. I am being cock block by my mates because people I speak to mostly are situated behind them.


One thing to look forward to though is the new project that will be coming up, it's exciting because it's going to be an individual project! The excitement will die when I know what the project is about, but for now, it's a "Yay!" for me. Now there's no more excuse for me to stay back to do group work, I had to stay back till 8 pm one time for my group project last term, and I didn't do anything, it was a bloody waste of my time, time that I could have spend at home playing Aion. Subscription Fees are not spelt with a "R" in the middle of "F" and "E".



Over the holidays I made more friends online than I ever will in a year. Aussies from my guild, it's fun to listen to Australians speak and learn their lingo, I just assumed everything they said, that I didn't understand, was their lingo. Many a times it's just a spelling error and I will have sigh of relief when the other guild members go....



"WTF are you talking about mate?"



... because it just makes me realise I am not the stupid one who doesn't understand, we are all stupid together for not understanding the error filled sentence in the Guild Chat.



Aussie Guildies are so much more friendlier than Singapore Guildies, a pity school's gonna start soon and I am not going to be able to spend as much time in-game anymore.



Why Real Life Why?



Latest record with Aion was that I played till 3 in the morning. When you enter an Instance Dungeon(Google it Non-Gamers) , who knew it would take 5 hours to complete, I was literally stuck on my computer for 5 hours, you may think to yourself...


"You can just stop and go to sleep whenever you want."



... if you think that way, you are obviously not an MMO player, you don't just leave a group in game when you want to, that would just make you an asshole in the gaming community. I am not kidding, you can't just go, people online will sometimes get pissed. We stay on the game because we care, not because we are too engross in it, well maybe a little of the latter, but mostly the former.



A good analogy is like telling someone to stop the baking process of a cake because they are running short of time. It's ridiculous, we gamers are committed online, I am pretty sure fellow MMO players will agree with me.


Ask your wife to STFU and GTFO. Some guy I met online said his wife threatened to divorce him if he don't stop playing, the group that I was in ended up not having a tank for the whole run,, a tank is essential because it's like a meat shield in the group, like how I am a spit shield for me mates seated behind me in class, you need them to get spanked by the mobs(in game monsters) or the group's gonna wipe (everyone dies), luckily the people in the group were experienced and in the end we didn't need the tank to survive, but I've been blaming his wife ever since because she just made me realise that we have no life, that's why we are so good at what we do in-game.


I am not that good a gamer, if I say I am in-game people will think I am being arrogant, and if I say that I am a really good gamer in real life, people will say I have no life. It's like there's no pleasing anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment